KSS Newsflash Report 12 - 20 July 2021
Dear KSS Clients and community
This Newsletter comes from a place of HUGE gratitude to our staff, our community and all security services who have worked together tirelessly over the past 9 days.
Also, thank you for the prayers and kind messages of support for Gary while he has been incapacitated with his broken leg and recovering in hospital with covid.
KSS has amazing Management Team who are all able to deal with any community requests – such as additional Security Guards, CCTV camera installations, CCTV camera repairs, alarm installations, quotes, risk assessments etc... Please may we request that you contact Renee, Sashen and Pat for anything that you may need.
Renee – 063 292 1240
Sashen – 083 6120603
Pat – 082 6132995
As a KSS Management Team we would also like to acknowledge our staff – our entire staff – who have all pulled together. We are so grateful to each and every single one of them. We would also like to highlight the commitment made to our clients and community by some of our staff.
Our KSS staff commitment – a brief insight into some of the stories.
• Dan, a Response Officer, who pulled a double shift with sore ankle – which we later found out was broken and he just never gave up. He is currently having it surgically repaired at Life Hilton Hospital. We pray for a speedy recovery.
• Percy, Wonderboy, Abraham and Lance who helped curb the looting in the CBD and helped some of our clients retrieve and save their stock from their businesses.
• All the KSS Controllers who worked through the chaos and were calm and held it together. They were proactive, caring, purpose driven and professional.
• Robert and Warren who manned the main Control Room on that shift – we have no words. WOW!
• To Ezra and Elton who manned the satellite Control Rooms that we set up to ensure we had 24hour contact and support with our clients and community. These proactive, satellite Control Rooms ensure that no matter what (physical threat or covid) KSS will ALWAYS deliver.
• Richard, a Response Officer, who walked to work from Mpophomeni because the road was blocked.
• Vincent, who was hurt physically fighting off looters in the CBD and just persisted. He is recovering well.
• Gugu from KSS Operations Admin for helping sort out and co-ordinate food parcels for our staff.
• Isaiah for ensuring that our Security Officers were able to be transported to and from sites.
• The Operations staff, Security Guards and Response Officers who work double shifts.
• Our Technical Teams for be ready to assist, repair and install to ensure peace of mind.
KSS is also grateful in return to our community. Thank you to:
• Those members of the community who ensured that we had enough food so that we could feed our staff.
• Those of you that made sure that we had enough dog food for our K9 unit.
• Shan Cade for her undying dedication to ensuring that we deliver the best customer care to our people.
• The community groups for assisting with operations and patrolling.
• To Magma, SSS and Sompisi Protection Services in Mpophomeni for working shoulder to shoulder with our KSS Teams.
• To Howick and Hilton SAPS, POP, Flying Squad, uMngeni Traffic Department and the SANDF for stepping up and working alongside security services and the community.
• To those who called KSS for help and assistance, and in turn reciprocated with support, appreciation and kindness.
KSS moving forward – Just a quick snippet:
We have purchased 3 new Isuzu 1 ton bakkies that will be arriving next week. These will facilitate better durability on our dirt and potholed roads. Keep an open for them.
KSS Incidents 12 – 20 July 2021
11 - 12 July 2021 KSS Response Teams responded to clients and businesses in the Howick CBD, Howick West and Merrivale areas, while also assisting in Hilton. KSS Controllers managed the situation and communicated with clients and business owners accordingly. Numerous CBD shops and businesses were affected and KSS continues to work with them in ensuring that security measures are repaired and installed. Several arrests were made by SAPS, POP and various security service providers. Many shops and businesses were spared thanks to the valiant efforts on the ground. We extend our thoughts and prayers to those affected and will endeavour to support and help rebuild our community shops and businesses.
16 July 2021 05:01 Monzali Drive (Hilton) The KSS Control Room received a fence activation. A KSS Response Team was dispatched. The KSS Officers reported that a vehicle had driven into the fence. The driver and passenger were taken to Life Hilton Hospital. SAPS were formally advised.
19 July 2021 08:15 Saligna Road (Merrivale) The KSS Control Room was advised about a break-in. KSS Response units were dispatched. KSS Officers reported that a gas bottle and speaker had been stolen. SAPS were formally advised. A case was opened.
From Gary and myself, we are eternally grateful to our amazing families, friends, staff and the community for everything you have done to support us. THANK YOU.
Stay safe. Stay alert. Be kind and let’s rebuild our community together.
KSS – you are safer with us!
Debbie Preston - on behalf of Gary and the outstanding KSS Team